Late Collection of Children
The charge for late collection of children is £10 per 15 minutes or any part of 15 minutes. Therefore a child collected 20 minutes after the end of a session the charge will be £20.
This applies to parents and carers of children who are regularly collected late.
This is at the end of the morning and afternoon sessions. The afternoon session are full therefore a member of staff may have to stay beyond their contracted working hours to ensure the staffing child ratios remain correct.
The pre-school prospectus states:
To avoid upsetting your child, please return promptly at the end of the session. If for any reason you are delayed then please phone the pre-school as soon as possible. An additional charge will be made if late collection becomes a regular occurrence.
The Uncollected Child Policy states:
If a child is not collected at the end of the session we follow the procedures below:
- The child’s file is checked for any information about changes to the normal collection routines.
- If no information is available, parents/carers are contacted at home or at work.
- If this is unsuccessful, the adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting – and whose telephone numbers are recorded on the Registration Form – are contacted.
- All reasonable attempts are made to contact the parents or nominated carers.
- The child does not leave the premises with anyone other than those named on the Registration Form or in their file.
- If no-one collects the child after the setting has closed and there is no-one who can be contacted to collect the child, we apply the procedures for uncollected children.
- We contact our local authority children’s social care team.
- The child stays at the setting in the care of two fully-vetted workers until the child is safely collected either by the parents or by a social care worker.
- Social care will aim to find the parent or relative. If they are unable to do so, the child will become looked after by the local authority.
- Under no circumstances will staff go to look for the parent, nor do they take the child home with them. A full written report of the incident is recorded in the child’s file.
- Depending on circumstances, we reserve the right to charge parents for the additional hours worked by our staff.
- Ofsted may be informed: Tel 03001231231
If you need to get in touch then you can email us at our new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on 01865-604208 or on 07818-236348.
All Day: 09:00 to 15:00
Mornings: 0900 to 12:00
Afternoons: 12:00 to 15:00
Registered Charity: 1161534
More about us coming soon